You are warmly invited to submit artwork to RubberStampMadness for issue themes. See General Submissions for information on sending in non-theme artwork.
Sept 5, 2020
|• Bird-Shape Challenge|
Dec 5, 2020
|• The Great Outdoors|
• It’s the Little Things
Do you like to camp or take car trips? Hike in a national park or swim in a lake? Or just watch movies like A River Runs Through It? The first theme for Summer 2021 is The Great Outdoors. Send us your best scenic artwork. Let’s celebrate Mother Nature in all her glory.
The second theme is It’s the Little Things. Get out your tiny stamps and put at least one on a piece of paper. Call it Smallworld or Whoville. Any topic or scene is open to your interpretation. Kewpies? Brownies? Minions? Let your imagination be your guide.
December 5 is the postmark date for both Summer themes.
Looking further ahead: It’s time to meet the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. The first theme for Fall 2021 is Pumpkins. Jack-o’-lanterns are cool, of course, but so are pumpkin patches, pumpkin pie, and pumpkineers (people who grow giant pumpkins for state fairs and provincial contests). Halloween will be here before you know it.
The second theme is Book-Cover Challenge. Just think, now you have an opportunity to illustrate your own special tome. You can make up your own title—Harry Potter and the Sizzling Stamp Pad, for example. Or illustrate a famous title like Little Women or Eat, Pray, Love. Click here for a PDF with a sample book cover.
March 5 is the postmark date for both Fall themes.
Artists whose work is chosen for the cover receive $200. The artist chosen as Best New Stamper receives a box of wood-mounted stamps (from six to 10) or a $50 gift certificate for the RSM Store. This award goes to a stamper whose work appears for the first time in RSM.
General Submission Guidelines:
- Submissions are not limited to themes. RSM welcomes artwork on any subject for feature stories and columns in each issue. Include your name, postal and email addresses, as well as stamp credits on the back of each submission.
- Artwork submissions can be as large as 5×6.5-inches. Exceptions are made for dimensional and 3-D pieces. All submissions are subject to reduction.
- Artwork is returned when accompanied by an SASE. Send up to four entries per theme, one SASE per theme.
- When artwork is not returned right away, this means we’re considering it for a theme album, another spot in RSM, or our Facebook page. If you want your submission
- to be considered for the magazine only, please make a note of this on the back of your artwork.
Send submissions to RubberStampMadness, PO Box 610, Corvallis, OR 97339-0610 or 216 SW Madison Ave., Suite 17, Corvallis, OR 97333.
If you have 3D artwork or live outside the USA or prefer submitting by email, send 100 dpi jpegs to email@example.com. Please include stamp credits, your name, address, and phone number within the email.
Cover Submission Guidelines:
- 8.75×11.25-inches. This size assumes artwork fills the whole cover. There will be a trim of about 0.25-inches off each edge and the RSM logo will be added on top.
- 8.75×9.25-inches. This size fills the cover except for a 2-inch space at the top for the logo and information about the issue. Again, 0.25-inches will be trimmed off each edge.
- Avoid placing images in one of the bottom corners, where a pricing symbol is placed.
Thank you for sending RSM your stamp art.